Green Policy of Europcar franchisee in Iceland
We at Bílaleiga Akureyrar - Europcar Franchisee think it's important that the company operations are in harmony with society and the environment as a whole. We pursue the continuous improvement of the environment to minimize the environmental impact of company operations. Bílaleiga Akureyrar promotes increased environmental awareness of employees and focuses on responsible use of resources and minimization of waste and greenhouse gas emission
Bilaleiga Akureyrar - Europcar franchisee in Iceland is going to:
- Ensure that the staff are trained and informed about the environmental policy of the company and that laws and regulations about environmental matters are always followed.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the company’s fleet. This will be done by taking CO2 emissions into consideration when new cars are purchased.
- Sort the company’s waste and encourage the staff to utilize raw materials better and to re-use whenever possible.
- Promote monitoring of the environment according to ISO 14001
- Inform its customers about energy efficient driving and consideration for the country’s nature.
- Keep green accounts and issue an annual environmental report to advise the public on the status of environmental affairs within the company.
- Support re-vegetation projects in Iceland.